1. Lessons must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
2. Rescheduling of lessons is allowed at no additional charge, as long as a minimum notice of 2 hours before the scheduled lesson start time is given.
3. Failure to provide the required notice period for lesson cancellation, rescheduling, or a no-show will result in the following penalties:
Cancellation less than 2 hours before the lesson start time: 100% of the lesson duration will be charged.
Rescheduling less than 2 hours before the lesson start time: 50% of the lesson duration will be charged. (The student must provide the available dates and times for the rescheduled lesson at the time of the request). For monthly plans, rescheduled lessons must be made up within the same month.
No-show for a lesson: 100% of the lesson duration will be charged.
The above charges are made in order to compensate the tutor for their time.
4. Balance credits may only be transferred to siblings.
The value of the credits will be calculated based on the 10-hour package rate and excludes any bonus or free hours.
Once a credit transfer is confirmed, it cannot be reversed.
The credit transfer process may take up to two working days to be completed.
A form needs to be completed to request for a credit transfer, please click here if you wish to request a credit transfer.
5. Refunds are possible during the first one month of service only, provided that the end user is not happy with the service provided. Once the first month has been completed upon registration, refunds are no longer permitted. However, we will take preventive measures and offer solutions if you experience any dissatisfaction, while we are committed to be at your service and amicably resolve any complaints that may arise. Additionally, it is important to be aware that the terms and conditions outlined on the refund form will apply to any refund requests. In the event of a breach of contract or terms and conditions, the end users will not be eligible for a refund. In the event The End User is entitled to a refund, the credit value remaining in your Account after the deduction of all charges levied by payment gateways, banks and internal processing fees incurred by us. (This includes the 10% service charge on refunds). It may take up to 10 working days from confirmation of the amount eligible for refund, to process the refund. All refunds shall be in accordance with our Refunds Policy.
6. The pricing for our packages is determined by the student’s curriculum, grade level, and the tier of the tutor. Please note that there may be variations in our standard rates depending on special requirements such as language tutors, level of experience, and the base country of the tutor.
7. The management reserves the right to modify or adjust the rates and policies at their discretion.
8. Validity periods for the purchased package will be applicable as follows:
For monthly plans, the monthly committed hours will expire at the end of the same month. The package validity will be for the period purchased (3 months / 6 months or 1 year). In addition to this, the validity of the package will be extended to include the inbuilt breaks. (3 months + 30 days break / 6 months + 60 days break and 1 year + 90 days break)
For flexible plans, over 60 hours the package will remain valid for up to one year from the date of purchase.
For flexible plans under 60 hours the validity period will be 6 months from the date of purchase.
9. All monthly plans will be inclusive of breaks where an automatic deduction of credits is not applicable during this period.
10. For ongoing packages, students will have access to lesson recordings for review. However, students with no remaining balance hours will not be able to access these recordings.
1. Parents can easily make online payments through the Tutopiya platform by accessing the ‘billing’ tab or by using the low credit emails. Once the payment is made, a receipt will be emailed to you. Promo codes are also available for use on the platform. If you need any assistance, you can refer to our support articles by clicking here. By using this method, the student’s credits will be automatically added and you will be able to book lessons instantly.
2. Monthly Plans can be purchased via the “billing” tab on the Tutopiya platform.
3. You can conveniently settle the fees through PayNow, bank transfer or online via debit/ credit card by clicking on the link provided in the invoice email. You will receive the receipt through email once the payment is confirmed. Kindly note that only debit/ credit card payment method is available for instalment plans.
4. Parents can take advantage of monthly payment plans when buying packages. The designated credit card will be automatically charged every month or as per the agreed schedule at the time of onboarding. The invoice provided will also specify the payment dates.
5. To ensure secure online payments, the card provider may request additional information such as postal code or region when entering payment details. Parents should provide their own postal code or region when prompted to do so.
6. Parents are responsible for any bank fees that may arise during international bank transfers.
7. To ensure easy reconciliation of payments, it is recommended to include the student’s name or invoice number as reference in all bank transfers.
8. Our PayNow and Bank details are as follows;
Account name: Tutopiya Pte. Ltd
PayNow Proxy (UEN): 201813208R
Account Number: 0749031468
Swift Code: DBSSSGSG
Bank Code: 7171
Branch Code: 074
Branch Address: 3 Temasek Boulevard, #02-709/710/711 Suntec City Mall, Singapore 038983
9. All lessons are conducted on a paid basis only.
10. To take a retrial with the same tutor, payment will be required along with the selection of preferred duration by parents.
11. The second sibling is eligible for a free trial only after the first sibling has paid for their lessons.
12. You can only book additional subject trials after purchasing a package.
13. Students will receive referral credits for successful referrals in accordance with the referral promotion.
14. Free referral credits will be reversed, if a refund is requested by a referred student.
15. Refunds of 25% will be offered on a case-by-case basis for lessons with missing recordings.
1. It is possible for Parents or Students to request a tutor change if they are unsatisfied with their current tutor at any time. However, there is a limit of one free tutor change trial per subject.
2. Please complete this form if you would like to request for a tutor change.
3. A free trial with a new tutor will be provided if the current tutor resigns.
Students can request for an additional trial via the student profile. You will need to click on trial request tab and click on make a request.
You will be able to select the required subject and schedule an additional trial as per your convenience.
Get in Touch
+65 6016 0923